4 Goals for PHabulouslife



I'm writing this post as much for myself as for anyone who is curious of the mission I have here. Down the road many years in the future, as I am able to help more people through the PHabulouslife platform, I believe it will be important to look back on and remember the purpose. Even now as I try to come up with topics and information for followers I sometimes stray from my focus. So I realized that I needed to get down to business and write out what my goals for PHabulouslife really were. Besides being an outlet for my creativity, this is what I decided, my focus and dream for PHabulouslife really is.

1. To spread hope: My main goal with the PHabulouslife brand is to spread hope to others suffering with Pulmonary Hypertension. That is the most important thing I am trying to dish out here. HOPE is so incredibly important. It is the difference between someone choosing to accept their "fate," laying down and dying, or putting up a PHight.  
Every individuals experience with PH is different and unique. I have been blessed with a tough heart, and with treatment, have been able to overcome many PH related obstacles. There are others out there that continue to do the same. I could have said life is over, but instead I said what can I do to make this work? What can I do to help myself feel better and have a better quality of life? I hope that by sharing my success and triumph that I can bring not only hope but also determination to others with this disease, that they too can conquer their obstacles. 


2. To bring more positivity to the PH community: We have a terminal illness. Our life is really hard, but it is beautiful. We all have a powerful and moving story. We will have bad days - but it is how we move forward from those days that are going to count the most. I pray to be able to shine a light for people when their world is seeming dark, and that they can follow that light to experience it for themselves. There are studies that claim that positivity can be a key to overall health. It is hard to change negative thought patterns, especially when going through tough times, but it is essential for a good quality of life.



3. To  help people get connected: I am a support group leader for Pulmonary Hypertension Association, but I have gone online with social media because I feel that I can make the most impact here. There are so many PH'ers that either cannot, or do not want to attend support group meetings. United we can make the most difference. There are so many great organizations out there to help us, and I want to get this information out to as many people as possible.


4. To act as a mentor & help people Climb their Mountains: I know that there are people who have been specifically trained to be a mentor to those with PH. I would love to do that, but between a full time job and the support groups I would not be able to devote enough time to mentoring. I would however love to meet people with PH, especially those who are young, and newly diagnosed.

Everyone's mountain is different, but I believe with adaptation we can climb them regardless of the obstacles in our way. My goal is to provide PH'ers with inspiration and support for the climb, and most importantly Hope for the future. 

Comments