IIn 2016 the Hubbs resolved to commit to a more healthy lifestyle. This basically entailed exactly what you would expect. We started running in the mornings and being more conscious of our diet. This meant planning our meals and daily calorie and macro intake. The biggest commitment we had to make was going to the gym. It wasn't easy to find the time to go to the gym for an hour and a half every day - but we made the commitment and sacrifices to get to the gym about four times each week.
Now this was not my resolution. I made a resolution to deep clean one room in my house each month... well I definitely didn't keep that one! I knew that I was along for the ride with my husbands resolution. He has always been into fitness and was very knowledgeable. He started doing research and got us on a program. We started prepping our meals and tracking what we were eating each day.
It was tough work to get up at 5:30 each day and run. Then go to work and hit the gym afterwards. We were able to make a habit out of it though, and it has become the best decision we have ever made. We are both much happier and more importantly healthier! It is much less tiring to carry around 140lbs than it is to carrry around 160 lbs. I breathe better, and I have more energy. Let's face it, when you look good you feel good. Progress is slow, working out is great for teaching patience in a world where most everything is instantaneous. Once I started seeing results though I was hooked. There are still quite a few nights where the last thing I want to do is go to the gym, but I'm usually very glad I went.
This year we have some fitness plans - we are already signed up for a 5k, and I am hopeful to feel confidant enough to sport a bikini this summer! This is the first time I have ever kept a resolution, and it wasn't even mine! There were many changes I made this past year, and I have many more plans for 2017 that I am quite excited about. Whatever you hope to accomplish "resolution" or not I pray that this year you receive all the blessings imaginable, and that you accomplish all your goals and dreams in this crazy adventure we call life!

Comments
Post a Comment